Wednesday 3 October 2012

The Laser Acne Treatment: Is It The Best Alternative For Your Skin? - Health

Many long term acne sufferers are turning to new treatments in an attempt to clear up their skin for good. One such treatment is the laser acne treatment, which comes in various forms depending upon the skin type and severity of acne suffered, as well as the presence or absence of scarring on the face as a result of previous acne lesions.

One form of laser acne treatment uses ablative lasers, and works by actually burning off the outer layer of the person's skin. Other laser acne treatments which are less invasive and painful work instead by stimulating the growth of collagen in the skin, and by helping to tighten the skin. These are non-ablative laser treatments.

As a long term acne sufferer (I had acne for over fifteen years), I tried both forms of laser treatment. The first, using a carbon dioxide layer, was much more painful and left my skin sore and reddened for some time after the treatment. However, it was able to diminish the appearance of existing acne scars from my face, and my existing acne did seem to heal as a result of the treatment. Unfortunately, in time the acne returned. However, as the scarring was significantly diminished, I didn't consider the treatment to have been a waste of money!

The other type of laser treatment (using an erbium laser) I tried about eighteen months later. This time, the results were not as significant; although for a time afterwards my skin did appear to improve. However, as with the other treatment the improvement was not permanent.

So, would I recommend a laser acne treatment? Well, for people with bad acne scarring, an ablative laser acne treatment will really help improve the appearance of the scarring. However, overall I wouldn't recommend the laser acne treatment for other acne sufferers. For a start, it's a costly procedure, and there's nothing worse than spending good money on temporary results.

In my case, a few months after my last laser acne treatment, a friend told me about a book he'd purchased called: Acne Cured the eBook. Now, this friend's skin had really improved over a period of several weeks, but I was naturally very skeptical that a book would be able to give me the answers to my skin problem that dermatologists seemingly could not. However, I bought the book (much less costly than a laser acne treatment) and committed to following the advice in it. One thing that I particularly liked about the book was that it explained the root cause behind the acne I was getting. Once I understood that, I knew why all the other acne treatments I'd tried in the past had ultimately failed me. They'd worked solely on the skin, which although it's the place where acne presents itself, isn't the place where acne begins!

My laser acne treatment helped clear acne scars from my skin, and that's something that I'm truly grateful for, but it was Acne Cured the eBook that showed me how I could get rid of my acne once and for all. If I had to do it all over again, I'd follow the advice in the book first and then have my acne laser treatment, which worked really only against the ugly acne scars on my face.





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

No comments:

Post a Comment